Club 55+ Senior Center
Canton club 55+ now open!
We are happy to announce that Canton Club 55+ has recently opened to the public with a limited program schedule. As we go to print, Canton Club 55+ has resumed limited indoor activities, with new safety protocols in place that are listed below. Not all programs will be returning at this time, but staff is working on ways to ensure that when they do return, they will be all be held in a safe and stress-free environment.
Please keep in mind that these safety protocols have required modifications to all existing programs at this time. Individuals will be required to pre-register for each program in advance and masks will be required to participate. Registration can be done online at www.cantonfun.org or over the phone by calling 734/394-5485.
Canton Club 55+ Temporary Hours of Operation will be: Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Program Modifications Include:
- Face masks must be properly worn at all times covering both nose & mouth
- No drop-ins are allowed at this time. Pre-registration is required for all programs, excluding Billiards
- Please: No sharing of food/beverages will be allowed
- Coffee/Tea service is suspended until further notice
- Individual program guidelines must be followed at all times
- Participants must check in upon arrival to your program
- Participants are asked to limit their stay and may arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to program start and must leave once the program has finished
- Gymnasium will remain closed for all sports until further notice
- Walking track is currently open for members and Striders members
*Program modifications may change based on current guidelines set by CDC, MDHHS and Canton Township.
Seniors in need of other resources or those with questions may contact the Club 55+ staff by emailing email@example.com or by calling 734/394-5485. Please continue to visit our website at www.cantonfun.org/476 and Facebook @cantonclub55 for pandemic guidelines and updates, as they become available. For additional information, please call 734/394-5485
New Virtual Programs
For the foreseeable future, Canton Club 55+ will be offering programs that can be enjoyed virtually, on a computer, or over the phone. In addition, several outdoor programs may be available; weather permitting. These exciting new programs will focus on keeping individuals engaged, connected, and safe. Watch for programs to be rolled out over the next few weeks. Find additional details on the Canton Club 55+ Facebook page. Seniors in need of a resource or those with questions may contact the Club 55+ staff Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by calling 734/394-5485 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We continue to miss our members and look forward to seeing you again soon in the New Year! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times.
Canton Summit on the Park: Club 55+
The Club 55+ Senior Adult Program is located in the Parkview Room of Summit on the Park Community Center. Canton residents 55 and older are served by a variety of social, enrichment, and service-based programs, classes and special events, as well as extensive information and referral services.
Club 55+ Amenities
The Senior Center features:
- 2 pool tables
- 3 flat screen TVs
- A computer center
- Reading Area
- Comfortable seating areas
- Tables and chairs suitable for playing cards, creating crafts, or simply to read the newspaper
Membership to the Summit on the Park is not a requirement for participation in Club 55+ activities. However, to use the fitness center, aquatic center or fitness classes a membership or daily visit fee is required. There are a variety of membership options including annual, 6-month, 3-month, payment plan, matinee membership or punch-card. Visit the Summit on the Park Membership page for more information.