Current Gallery Exhibit
Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
The Village Theater at Cherry Hill is pleased to exhibit a collaborative fiber exhibit now through September 30, 2018 featuring the work of Jill Ault, Millie Danielson, Autumn Grace Dougherty, Carol Fleischer, Linda Girard, Cindy Harris, Anne Percy Knott, Sandra Kunkle, Karen Koykka O'Neal, Mary Valerie Richter, Patricia Ritchie, Barbara Schutzgruber, Jennifer Stafford, Patricia Thompson, Karen Turkes, Helen Welford, and Kathy Zazuwa.
There will be a free reception to celebrate the work of the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild at The Village Theater on Wednesday, September 5, 2018 from 7 - 9 pm.
About Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
The Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild is comprised of a group of artists who champion the enjoyment of fiber arts through information and demonstration. Works on display include a wide variety of fiber art, such as: Basketry, Beading, Bead Embroidery, Bead Weaving, Kumihimo, Crochet, Doll Making, Dyeing and Painting, Embroidery, Felting, Garment Design and Construction, Handmade paper and Book Art, Knitting, Knotting, Quilting, Sewing, Spinning, Weaving, and Surface Design. These one-of-a-kind textile creations contain unique color, pattern and textural details and can provide warmth and texture to enhance any environment as they take you on a textile journey that may be powerful or subtle, as well as lyrical and dramatic.
Originally founded in 1956 as a club for weavers, the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild (AAFG) provides opportunities for fiber artists to meet and exchange ideas, and to learn about fiber art through lectures and workshops. This group also participates in the Ann Arbor State Street Area Art Fair. For additional information about the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild, please visit www.annarborfiberarts.org.
This current art exhibit at the Gallery@VT is free and open to the public: Monday Friday 10 am 2 pm, one hour prior to and during public performances at the theater, as well as by appointment. The Gallery@VT is closed on holidays. The gallery is located at 50400 Cherry Hill Rd., Canton, MI, 48187. For more information about this latest exhibit, please call 734/394-5300.
"After Sunrise" - Trish Ritchie
"Polar Nights" - Kathy Zasuwa
"Solar Flare" - Mary Valerie Richter
"Texture Revisited" - Carol Fleischer
The Gallery @ VT: Art Exhibition Schedule
- September: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- October: 26th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: "Food for the Soul" - Collaborative Exhibit
- December: Jeremy Rheault - Paintings
- January: Stephen Kolpacke - Woodturning and Jennifer Lanzilotti - Painted Leaves
- February: "Holes in the Wall" Mixed Media Collaborative Exhibition curated by Tim Tonachella
- March: Boisali Biswas - Fiber/Mixed Media
- April: Liz Frankland - Paintings
- May: Sarmad Al Musawi - Paintings
- June: "With Every Step" by Sylvia Ford - Photography
- July: Troy Hubbs - Abstract Paintings
- August: J. Susan Aitken - Paintings
- September: "Women - Compositions in Color" Graciela Bustos, Ilham Mahfouz, and Madalyn Rieksts - Abstract Exhibit
- October: 27th Annual Fine Arts Exhibition
- November: Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild
- December: Christine Walters - Watercolor