Canton Leisure Services is proud to present Camp Canton, a week-long day camp licensed by the State of Michigan. A summer full of excitement and fun is expected for all. Our goal is to provide each and every child with opportunities that include developing social skills, to build lasting relationships with campers and staff alike, and to have an experience like none other. At Camp Canton we spend our days swimming, creating, reading, and playing sports and games.
Camp Withdrawal Form: If you are unable to attend summer camp please refer to the Camp Withdrawal Form (PDF) for the guidelines to remove your child from camp. All forms must be completed by the participant's parent or guardian and submitted to the Summit on the Park front desk or emailed to the summer camp supervisor. If you have any questions please call 734/394-5460.
- If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.
Rates & Dates
Camp Registration began online at Cantonfun.org and in-person on Saturday, March 9, 2019
- $185 Summit Member (child must be listed on Summit Family Membership at the time of registration)
- $205 Canton Resident
- $267 Non-Canton Resident
2019 Payment Plan
- $30 Deposit per child, per week
- Payments paid in the month the child is registered for camp (June, July or August)
- $30 Cancellation fee per child per week
- Must be submitted 14 days prior to being considered
- June 17 - August 23
- Week of Aug 19-23 will have fewer spots available
2018 Important Dates
- May 15, 2019: Health Appraisal Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. - MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton. If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email Opens a New Window. .
- June 7, 2019 5:30 - 7:30 pm: Camp Open House -Stop on by to meet the staff, pick up your Emergency Card, camp t-shirt and take a tour of camp!
Leadership & Staff
Camp Canton prides itself on hiring professional staff who enjoy spending their summer being around children. Camp Canton is licensed by the state of Michigan and complies with all aspects of their training. Additionally, all staff members are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Know someone who would be a great camp counselor? Our summer jobs will be posted online mid-January for jobs starting in May and June.
Day Camp Counselors
We are looking for great staff to work at Camp Canton! Jobs are currently posted (February 8) with the first round of interviews on March 23. Apply online for a fun filled summer!
Camp Doors Open
Board games, coloring & small activities
|8:30 am||Group Games||Summit Gym or Studio A|
|10 am||Outdoor Time
(Outdoor time is weather permitting)
|North or South Pavilion|
(No refrigeration or microwave available, lunches may be purchased from camp headquarters-please see camp headquarters for more details)
|North or South Pavilion|
|12:10 pm||Clean Up
Clean up outside and start moving back to camp headquarters
|12:30 pm||Pool or Library
(Library is weather permitting)
|Summit Aquatic Center or Canton Library|
|2:30 pm||Snack, Reading & Writing
(Please pack a snack daily for your camper)
|Studio B & C|
|3:15 pm||Craft or Gym Games||Studio B or Summit Gym|
|4:15 pm||Camp Canton Clubs||Studio B|
|5 pm||Board games, coloring & small activities||Studio A|
|6 pm||Camp Doors Close
Late fee of $1/minute after 6 pm
|Studio A, B & C|
Discover Brochure: Opens a New Window. all programs and camps for the Spring/Summer season are listed in our bi-annual Discover Brochure.
Registration will begin online and in-person at the Summit on Saturday, March 9 at 10 am.
- Health Appraisal Informational Letter (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Health Appraisal Form (PDF) Opens a New Window. : MUST be completed and returned to the Summit on the Park no later than May 15, 2019 in order to be eligible for participation in Camp Canton.
- If you would like the form made available to you in an alternative format (email, large print, audible, braille, or other), please contact the Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email Opens a New Window. .
|Week||Field Trip||Field Trip Scheduled||Field Trip Description|
|1||June 17 - 21||Turtle Cove Water Park||Water park located in Belleville, MI|
|2||June 24 - 28||MParks Come Out and Play at the Capitol||**Wednesday** Capitol Tour in Lansing, MI|
|3||July 1- 3
No Camp Thurs-Fri
|No Field Trip|
|4||July 8 - 12||Greenfield Village||Visit the historical village in Dearborn, MI|
|5||July 15 - 19||AirTime & Little Caesar's Arena Tour||Trampoline park & tour of Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit, MI|
|6||July 22 - 26||Detroit Zoo||Visit the zoo in Royal Oak, MI|
|7||July 29 -August 2||Rolling Hills Water Park||Water park located in Ypsilanti, MI|
|8||August 5 - 9||Imagination Station||Hands-on & interactive museum in Toledo, OH|
|9||August 12 - 16||Lakeland Aquatic Center||Indoor aquatic center in White Lake, MI|
|10||August 19 - 23||Hands-on Museum & Botanical Gardens||Science museum & UofM Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor, MI|
Discover Brochure: all Canton Leisure Services programs, classes, events and services are included in the bi-annual Discover program brochure. Offerings are available for all ages and interests.
Registration: program registration is available online and at the Summit on the Park front desk.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If the Plymouth/Canton School District closes due to inclement weather during the school year (typically due to winter weather conditions), all Leisure Services Department programs/classes held prior to 4:00 pm will be canceled. For Leisure Services programs/classes that begin after 4:00 pm a determination to cancel will be made no later than 2:00 pm that day.
Leisure Services strives to offer inclusive recreation opportunities for all participants. If you would like to request an ADA accommodation or to request that a form/information be made available in an alternative format (email, large print, braille, audible or other) please contact our Recreation Supervisor at 734/394-5460 or by email.