Road Construction Update
2019 Road Projects:
1. Cherry Hill Road: Reconstruction from Haggerty to Canton Center Road. Currently under design with construction anticipated to begin in fall 2019.
2. Ridge Road: Paving of Ridge from Ford to Warren is anticipated to begin in late 2019 - early 2020.
3. Lilley Road Bridge: Crews will begin mobilizing to the site in the next few weeks. Construction to replace the Lilley Road Bridge will begin in late May or early June. During construction, the Lower Rouge River Recreational Trail connection at Lilley Road will be permanently closed for the duration of construction. There will be heavy construction equipment in the area so pedestrian are asked to avoid the area. This project is anticipated to be completed in November.
1. Traffic Signal at Michigan Avenue and Beck: Date will be determined by MDOT but anticipated to be done sometime in 2019.
CANTON DDA (Downtown Development Authority)
1. Morrison Boulevard: Canton's DDA is funding the reconstruction of the Morrison Blvd approach just south of Ford Road. This project is anticipated to begin mid-June.
Stage one: The west side of Morrison will be closed. Only one-way traffic onto Morrison from Ford will be maintained on the east side of the road.
Stage two: The east side of Morrison will be closed. Only one-way traffic onto Morrison from Ford will be maintained on the west side of the road.
During both stages of construction, motorist will not be allowed entrance onto Ford Road from Morrison. Motorists are advised to use Morton Taylor and Lilley Roads and detour routes. Construction on this project is anticipated to last four weeks.
CANTON ROAD IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM