Due to the Liberty Fest Run and expected heavy traffic for the Liberty Fest fireworks display in Heritage Park, the Director of Public Safety has issued an emergency traffic order in accordance with the Uniform Traffic Code for Cities, Townships and Villages, R28.1127, Rule 27, ordering the following:
Effective Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 10:30 p.m. until 11:30 p.m., Canton Center Road between Cherry Hill and Palmer will be closed.
Effective Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 8:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m., Summit Parkway will be closed from Canton Center to Glengarry Blvd.
AND, effective Saturday, June 15, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., the following roads will be closed to through traffic for the Liberty Fest Run:
- Southbound Canton Center at Palmer
- Northbound Canton Center at Rouge River Bridge
- East & Westbound Summit Parkway between Veterans Way & Canton Center Road
- Southbound Sheldon at Woodmont East
- Northbound Sheldon at Rouge River Bridge Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
Joshua C. Meier, Director of Public Safety